Successfully launching and managing a brand in today's pharmaceutical market means ensuring that your brand plan encompasses all available insight into the needs of patients, HCP's and payors. At Beacon we believe that real world data about patients' journeys through the health care system is a valuable source of these insights.
Beacon Consulting is a specialist pharmaceutical consultancy. We help our clients solve difficult commercial problems and maximise the opportunities for their brands by providing actionable, data driven analysis.
We focus on using NHS secondary data sources such as Hospital Episode Statistics (HES), QoF and GP prescribing data to add insight to challenges in:
- Estimating market sizes
- Modelling patient flows through the health care system
- Describing variation in treatment practice
- Patient and physician segmentation, profiling and targeting
- Examining healthcare resource usage and costs
We also use clients' internal data, primary market research and proprietary data sources to make sure that our results are robust and take advantage of all perspectives on the problem.
Because we hold a large set of historic HES data, Beacon is able to:
- Rapidly check patient numbers so clients can assess project feasibility;
- Start data extraction and analysis as soon as a project's scope is agreed
We have worked with marketers, market researchers, business intelligence professionals, new product planners and market access teams at many leading pharmaceutical companies across a broad range of therapy areas.
To learn more about our approach and past projects, see "what we do"